Today I bring you the recipe to prepare at home easily and quickly carrot tartlets with grated coconut, walnuts, pumpkin, almonds and oats. An ideal tartlet for people who like to eat healthy desserts. We have used a large mold so that the tartlet looks more like a cake, but you can use any size mold you prefer!
For the filling:
- 2 cups of cooked carrot puree.
- 4 small pieces of pumpkin, to taste.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 400 milliliters of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the crust:
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup oatmeal or unsweetened oatmeal
- Shredded coconut to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- We beat all the ingredients except the carrots, once these ingredients are beaten, we add the carrot puree and mix well.
- Put the mixture in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking until the mixture starts to bubble, for about 8 minutes. We continue cooking until the mixture is thick and when we run a spoon over the top of the mixture, a visible ribbon forms.
- We put the dates in a food processor and blend until it forms a homogeneous paste.
- Remove the date paste from the food processor and repeat the process of the previous step but add the walnuts, almonds, cinnamon, coconut and oats together. Once the mixture is ready, add the date paste and blend until we have a homogeneous paste.
- We put the mixture by hand in a tart mold, the mold can be of any size.
- We take the tart molds to a preheated oven at 180 degrees, cook for 30 minutes.
- We pour the filling into the prepared tart shell still hot, and cool the whole mixture together for several hours.
I hope you liked this recipe and that from now on you will be able to prepare delicious carrot tartlets at home.