Crunchy and rich tasting, this simple and quick to prepare dish can be enjoyed on any occasion and can easily accompany your main dishes, it’s chicken carrot fritters.
You can enjoy them with different toppings such as green sauce, red sauce, tomato and many more. Here is this easy to make recipe.
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ½ grated carrots
- Ground black pepper or salt to taste
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons oatmeal or wheat flour to taste
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- In a frying pan over medium heat with olive oil, fry the finely chopped onion and garlic clove. Remove once we notice that they are golden brown.
- Cook the breast in a small pot with enough water. Shred it and crush it with a knife into very thin strips of chicken.
- Pour the shredded chicken breast into a bowl together with the finely grated carrot.
- Add the eggs and mix well together with the wheat flour or oatmeal.
- We make small balls with our hands and shape them like hamburgers, then we put them in a frying pan with oil over medium heat.
- Fry our chicken fritters with carrots until golden brown.
Tips and advice
- Boil water in a pot with enough water, once it boils you can add the chicken breast, it will be ready after about 30 minutes.
- Accompany your chicken carrot fritters with spicy sauces, yogurt, cheese sauce or any sauce prepared with cilantro, seasoning, garlic and onion.