One of the recipes that is easy to make if you don’t have much experience in the kitchen and you like cakes, biscuits and sweets, is the carrot cake with hotcake flour.
Yes, just as you hear! Why use hotcake flour? Because besides the fact that the cake is fluffy, this flour contains a mixture of ingredients that when in contact with butter, milk and egg make a dough the best to prepare cakes in an easy way.
In addition, the cake retains its soft and moist texture to the palate and you will not complicate to prepare it!
For the cake
- 3 cups hotcake flour (300 grams)
- 2 finely grated carrots.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
For the frosting
- 1 stick cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar (60 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the ones we will use to make the frosting and mix by hand or we can also use a mixer but at low speed, until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan and bake it in the oven at 180° for approximately 45 minutes.
- We introduce a toothpick in the cake until it comes out clean, that means that the cake is ready. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Then unmold it. For this example we decided to separate the mixture into 3 molds and bake them one by one to have a 3 tier cake.
- To prepare the frosting, we put the cheese in the mixer and add the sugar, the lemon juice and the whipping cream until it forms a homogeneous paste. The cake can be filled layer by layer with the frosting and the mixture of cheese, walnuts and grated carrot.
We hope you liked this recipe and that you enjoy this delicious carrot cake with hot cake flour!