Today we will prepare a delicious chocolate carrot cake in a quick and easy way. Ideal for birthday parties, get-togethers or for your snacks.
The combination of these two ingredients is not very common but in sponge cakes, muffins and cakes they become a real treat for the palate!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup leavening flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil (175 ml)
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 100 grams of semi bitter chocolate
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl until they have a uniform consistency.
- Then add oil until well blended.
- Incorporate the grated carrot and orange; beat until well blended.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Add these dry ingredients to the wet mixture. We must mix well with enveloping movements until there are no lumps.
Pay attention to the preparation of the chocolate glaze.
- Melt the bitter chocolate in a double boiler or microwave, with a little coffee to enhance its flavor. Once melted, let it cool without cooling.
- Remove a third of the carrot dough and mix it with the melted chocolate.
- Flour and butter a mold to pour the mixture without chocolate.
- Add the chocolate mixture and with a clean wooden spoon we make the marbling drawings.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. If it comes out dry, the cake is ready.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest until it is lukewarm and then cover it completely with chocolate!
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degrees.
- You can use regular flour plus baking soda to replace the leavening agent, personally I prefer to use the leavening agent but I invite you to try both ways and then let me know which one you like better.