Carrot cake with pineapple is one of our incredibly moist cakes, bursting with spice flavor garnished with a smooth, tangy frosting with hints of cream cheese.
The pineapple lends a rich, fresh flavor to the cake that also includes finely chopped walnuts. This simple recipe is quick to prepare and easy to bake.
For the cake
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour for the cake
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced pineapple
For the frosting
- 90 grams of butter
- 380 grams of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the oil, sugar and eggs in a mixer and beat for 4 minutes.
- Sifting through a sieve, add the baking powder, salt, flour, baking soda and cinnamon, beat for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the walnuts, carrots, pineapple and vanilla essence, beat for 5 minutes.
- Pour the previous mixture into 3 previously greased and floured molds and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and store.
Preparation of the frosting
- Beat the cream cheese with the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla essence for 5 minutes.
- With the help of a pastry spatula, place the first layer of frosting on a cake base without reaching the edges, then place another cake base on top, repeat this process until obtaining 3 layers.
- Cover the cake with the rest of the frosting.
Tips and advice
- The canned pineapple is an ingredient that gives more moisture to the cake. Besides that, the large pieces of pineapple in the cake could easily take away the other flavors of the cake.
We hope you liked this recipe, you will be able to prepare this carrot cake with pineapple, moist, with excellent texture and a beautiful combination of spices with the right amount of carrots, pineapple and nuts texture, this is one of the best cakes we have ever tasted.